SERVICE AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
University and College Services
- Coordinator – Doctoral Specialization in Comparative and International Educational Leadership. September 2014 –
- Coordinator – Doctoral Program in Educational Administration. January 2015 – 2017
- Host at Ohio. Fulbright Scholar from Finland, Fall 2015 - Present
- Member of Internationalization Advisory Committee – OHIO, 2014 - Present
- Facilitator, International Outreach Forum. February 27, 2015
- Member of Program Planning and Review Committee – OHIO, Fall 2014 - Present
- Member of Graduate Studies Committee – OHIO, Fall 2014 - Present
- Moderator. Human Services Community Collaboration Panel (HSC2P), Spring 2014
- Host at UWO. Three Visiting Professors from Turkey, Summer 2012
- Member of Administrators Evaluation Committee – UWO, 2012- 2014
- Member of Personnel Policies Committee – UWO, 2012 - 2014
- Member of the Graduate Council – UWO, 2012 - 2014
- Co-chair College of Education Committee on Technology/UWO, 2011 - 2014
- Second International Conference on Transnational Education and Learning: The State of Transnational Education and Learning in the
World. Transnational Education and Learning Society (TELS). September 30 –October 2, 2015. Columbus, Ohio.
- First International Conference on Transnational Education and Learning: The State of Transnational Education and Learning in the
World. Transnational Education and Learning Society (TELS). September 29 –October 2, 2014. Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Academic Journal Editorship and Review
- The African Symposium, Editor, 2016 - Present
- Global Education Review, 2015 - Present
- Journal of International Students, 2015 - Present
- Human Services Today, 2011 - 2014
- American Educational Research Journal, 2013
- International Journal of Multicultural Education, 2012
National and International Conference Abstract Reviewer
- International Conference of Learning Innovation in Science and Technology (ICLIST), Pattaya, Thailand, 2015 - Present
- Transnational Education and Learning Society (TELS), 2014 - Present
- Comparative and International Education Society (CIES), 2014 - Present
- American Association of Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE), 2011 - Present
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR), 2012 - 2015
Keynote speaker and Guest lecturer
- Policies and practices of STEM education in transnational contexts. Pattaya, Thailand. January 28 - 30,
- An outsider perspective about the state of education in Thailand. Council on Thai Studies Conference. Athens, Ohio.
October 24-25, 2015.
- A transcultural perspective of African, African-American, and Caribbean communities in the United States. African Crossroad
Series. African Studies. Ohio University. October 22, 2015.
- Comparative Educational Research and Transcultural Quadrangulation. Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University (STOU),
Bangkok, Thailand, June 11 2015
- Academic Writing and Book Publishing in the Social Sciences and Humanities. King Mongkutt University of Technology Thonburi.
Bangkok, Thailand, June 7, 2015
- Transcultural research in the Social Sciences and Humanities. King Mongkutt University of Technology Thonburi. Bangkok,
Thailand, May 25, 2015
- Hegel and Haiti. Course taught by Dr. Judith Grantt, Department of Political Sciences, Ohio University, February 16,
- Transculturality and Research. Course taught by Dr. Krisanna Matchmes, Research and Evaluation, Ohio University, January 27,
- Perceptions of campus climate and strategies of integration by international students in a U.S.
university campus. Patton College of Education, Ohio University, October 24, 2014.
- Partnership for global learning and the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. Jeju National University, South Korea. February 6,
- Transcultural learning practices in universities. Technology University of Chemnitz, Germany, May 29, 2013
- Keynote speaker, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh-Commencement, December 15, 2012
- Resilience and Education in Haiti. Mount
Mary College. Milwaukee, WI, April 17, 2011
- Great Decisions: Rebuilding a sustainable Haiti. Institute of World Affairs at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, February
Current Professional membership
- Executive Director, African Education Research Network (AERN)
- Past President, Transnational Education and Learning Society (TELS)
- Member, International Steering Committee, International Conference on Learning Innovation
in Science and Technology
- Member, International Society for Comparative Adult Education (ISCAE)
- Member, American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- Member, Comparative and International
Education Society (CIES)
- Member, American Association for Adult and
Continuing Education (AAACE)
EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP FORUM FALL